Thursday, December 4, 2008
The Terror Attacks on Mumbai stirred the whole nation, I am no exception. I feel a complex mix of emotions at this moment.
I am angered by the ease with which they have hit us. Then I am ashamed of electing such idiots who not only do nothing but abuse the martyrs’ sacrifices, their families what to talk of a common citizen.
Yet a corner of my mind tells me to lie low as this storm passes, for this is the standard tactic of terrorists to create an illusion of State being absent and also that people and the media will soon forget this too.
Even I am taking a sadistic pleasure on Tata’s misfortune as he cuts deals with governments, seeks tax relief and soft loans of the order of thousands of crores and then asks government to help him save his hotel with obsolete weapons and technology and without bulletproof jackets.
Still the question why I have to think on the issues that don’t directly concern me remains. The answer is not that easy, apart from above, the point that hits my mind most frequently is How can they hit, more so how can they hit Taj.
I think the attack was neither on Mumbai nor on India it was an attack on Indians and their dreams. Each and every one of us had for only once in their lives dreamt of enjoying a cup of Tea at Taj. When Taj is not safe, our dream is not safe and if our dream is not safe, all our toiling is waste.
So we have to act now before it is too late. I have asked questions to myself and tried to answer them. I agree I may be dogmatic but I have started.
At the moment this is my analysis of my condition, if I discover more I will certainly post it here.
CATEGORY: OTHER ARTICLES OF IMPORTANCE
- Electricity/Power Crisis in MP: A result of Faulty Policies & Failed Governance.
- Farmer's Suicide in Bhopal and Us.
- Animal Adoption Scheme of Van Vihar, Bhopal.
- Guwahati Blast and Political Rhetoric.
- 'Pay-to-Play !', The Blagojevich Corruption Scandal: My views.
- A "NETA" is born: Truth about BSP's Candidate for Bhopal and Mayawati brand of Politics.
- Thanking Bhopal's Bloggers for participating in Symposium.
- Project Black Cat for NSG.
- Terror-Diversity in India
- Secret Messages sent to Terrorists & Pakistan by our Politicians.
- More thinking on Mumbai Attack, The 2001 Parliament Attack, My Viewpoint.
- Severely Retarded: Comment on our Intelligence Agencies.
- Some Questions for you: after the railway paper leak.
- Bhopal's Bloggers on the Mumbai Terror Attack.
- Lashkar-e-Toiba doing Charity in Pakistan: Links in India.
CATEGORY: TAKE ON CELEBRITIES.
- See the video and read the text you will certainly awaken.
- Shivraj Singh Chauhan's Balancing Act, Politics Exposed yet again.
- Aamir Khan & Shahrukh Khan exploiting public anger for publicity.
- My Article on: Nandan Nilekani's Article Where was the Mayor?
- My Comment on: Salman Khan worrying about terrorism in Pakistan.
- My Comment on: Shahrukh Khan's Datuk title from Malaysia.
CATEGORY: THINKING ABOUT POLITICS
- More thinking on Communism, Capitalism and Corruption.
- Thinking Straight about Politics: Comment on India's Innovations Bureaucrat-Politicians & Politician-Bureaucrats
- Don't fear harsh methods, why see yourself at the receiving end.
- Democracy is good for us. Why?
- The most basic problem of our political system
- A Faceless Party. Why?
- SMSing and Candle-Light Vigils are not useful for changing our system.
- Narendra Modi style of leadership will do no good for us.
- Corruption: an easy Model.
- I am child of a corrupt person. Now what?
- No shying away from Politics from now on.
- Politics is the field of scoundrels. Let's Change it.
- Information Technology can change our systems.
- Politicians’ passing the buck is unacceptable.